Monday 23 March 2009

and...some works in progress.

Yesterday, I decided it would be fun to do a still life for a change. I only had about 40 minutes to paint before we were of to a trip to the botanic gardens with my family, so it was a rough and ready fast moving sketch..



This morning, I thought perhaps I'd better do a little more work before I uploaded. I worked up the bowl around it a little more, after a couple of suggestions from my partner , Kit -



But it looked a bit too bowl-like now..and the plums needed work. So..




And then I thought the plum at the back was a little too red. Final adjustment and voila..



Of course, every painting needs a companion piece. And I thought it would be nice to show one from start to finish..









And this as as far as I have got just now. Will keep uploading as it progresses.. and let me know which versions you like best.



Noon...



Mid afternoon - (after which it all goes a bit horribly wrong...)



And just for fun.. this cool website puts your pics in the gallery!

2 comments:

  1. Posted my comment on lj but I've since realised that may not be the best way for you to get to see it so I'll re-post here...

    I really like the one you put in the gallery but my overall favourite is the very top one - yep, that's right the 'rough and ready fast moving sketch' :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I can't se LJ comments..well I can now, because I just added me to my friends list. That feels weird :p

    Sometimes I wonder why I ever spend more than 40 minutes on a pic :p

    Thanks for commenting, Kat

    ReplyDelete